Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back in Indiana

WOW! We are here in Indiana getting settled in (as much as we can). We have been super busy with seeing people, looking at houses, hanging with family and already practicing for worship and planning ministry stuff! Tomorrow I am going to lead worship at my Dad's church for their Sunday morning service. Thursday night we practiced with the team! I am excited about being there tomorrow and seeing first hand what God has been doing with the church. They started with 6 or so people and now have grown into 40+ each Sunday morning within a few months!

Monday morning I start at HHC (our new church) in Martinsville, Indiana. We are excited about getting started and getting to know everyone. We start with a pretty busy week getting oriented on all the operations of the church and all the leaders. This next week will fly by I am sure. Tonight we are sitting at my parents house relaxing for the first time and just doing laundry and getting some things organized for this next week.

To ALL of our AMAZING Journey friends we LOVE you and miss you guys!!! You have been such a huge part of our lives over this last year and a half and we are so grateful for the time together. We will be back soon to visit when our house sells (which you can be praying for) and say hey to everyone there!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor John,
I just wanted to let you know you were really on my mind today. Our guest speaker today at church was Pastor Pat Butcher and in his message he had a go to Habakkuk 2:2 and I immediately thought of you.
I just want to thank you for the time you served at Journey and the wisdom you passed on to so many of us. I pray that God continues to bless you,Erin,and the girls.
We love you guys.

Pastor John said...

Thank you so much Kristy! You guys are awesome! It was such an honor to be at Journey and serve!!! We are praying for you guys!!!