Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grandma

Yesterday we had my Grandma Barrett's funeral. She passed away last Saturday night. The service was great my dad directed it. It was great to see all the family again. Some of them I haven't seen for 20+ years. After the service we went to Golden Corral and had lunch. My grandma was a great lady that loved the Lord. I remember going to her house and playing as a little kid. I also remember living with her for a summer in high school while I worked at a carpet warehouse. I had super long hair and one day decided to cut it all off and bleach it. I never told her so when I got home and knocked on the door she would not let me in. She said she didn't know who I was even though I was trying to tell her. Finally I convinced her it was me and she let me in. She is now with the Lord in heaven having the time of her life in God's amazing presence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandmother.
I Love you guys and think of you often.
God Bless You

Pastor John said...

Hey Kristy! So good to hear from you! We are doing great and miss you guys a lot!!! God bless!!!