Saturday, September 26, 2009

Community Service Day

Well, I'm sitting here in bed getting ready for our HUGE community service day tomorrow. We are going to meet for our regular Sunday morning service do a few songs then head out into our community here in Martinsville and be the hands and feet of Jesus. That's right we are cutting our service and getting OUT THERE!!! As our pastor says, "Let's not just do church let's be the church." We are going downtown and cleaning up the streets, ally ways, weed eating, pulling weeds, mowing, & more! What a great way to do something practical for the community. So many times the church prays for the community and talks about reaching out but... nothing more goes on other than that. This service day is a way not to just talk about reaching out but actually doing something that is REAL. Sometimes we over spiritualize things when God is simply looking for those who will GO and serve. Jesus was more about serving & loving than He was about talking & debating.

On a side note I have been introduced to Mind Mapping which is this AMAZING way of organizing your thoughts, plans, strategy, & more. I have heard of mind mapping years ago but never really paid much attention. Then I came across some software that let's you create mind maps and I am learning a WHULE NUTHA way of processing and taking things to a new level. I LOVE learning ways to be better and more efficient. This is going to take my BRAIN to some serious good places. I will let you know more as I study this thing and dig into it. So far I HIGHLY RECOMMEND looking into Mind Mapping. Erin and I have been mind mapping how mind mapping works (kinda crazy).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2/3 of God is GO!

It's on thing to think about change, it's a WHOLE NUTHA thing to BE the change!!!

You guys keep on rockin it!

Daniel