Thursday, October 15, 2009

Friday Early Morning Thoughts...

Well, I've been off the last few days. Erin has been going through some pain which we are still trying to determine the extent of. Today we had our 3rd doctors visit and got some answers but still have some test to run next week. We have been playing back and forth between hospitals & doctor's office. Everything seems to be alright though we'll know more on Tuesday with the tests. They thought it was a kidney stone but turns out it's some other big medical words that I won't even try to explain. So we're praying for the best and believe everything to be good as we find out more.

I heard a song tonight called "Down" by Jason Walker. It is a great song if you view it from a whole nutha perspective. The words are:

Verse 1

I don’t know where I’m at
I’m standing at the back and I’m tired of waiting
Waiting here in line, hoping that i’ll find
What i’ve been chasing

Chorus

I shot for the sky,
I’m stuck on the ground
So why do i try
I know I’m gonna fall down
I thought I could fly
So why did I drown
I never know why, It’s coming down, down, down

Oh im going down, down, down ( On 2nd time around )

Verse 2

Im not ready to let go
cause then i’ll never know, what could be missing
but im missing way to much
So when do i give up, what ive been wishing for

Bridge

I can’t find another way around
And I dont want to hear that sound
Of losing what I never found


Sound a little depressing huh? Well, to me the song speaks of a life without Christ. Everything falls through. Every dream we could have means little compared to the reality of Eternity. We search for something in life yet come up empty unless we find the true meaning of it all. And that is to connect with our Creator God who loved us so much He gave His one and only son to die for the junk that disconnected us from Him. This song makes me so grateful that I have SOOOOO much hope in that if I try to fly on my own I just git the ground but when Christ is my life the Bible says we will soar on wings like eagles. Life can bring us down but through Christ we are lifted high above the pain of this world. One day Christ will come again and we will forever be. My prayer is that for those who don't know this amazing Savior will come to not be stuck on the ground but will shoot high for the reason they were created, to live for CHRIST!!! This song is a reminder to me of the life that I once had yet now am completely changed for Christ. So Jason God will forever change the pattern of down, down, down to a life that goes up, up, up if you give Him your hopes & fears!!!