Friday, January 4, 2008

2008


Wow! 2008 is here and ready to go! Time goes bye faster and faster! Well, we are getting ready for the new year with the church, the themes, leadership, creative things and more. Also, with the youth we are gearing up to kick-off our new theme for January called, "Out of the Box". We will be talking about how BIG, and awesome God is. We can't minimize Him to our formulas, boxes, agenda, feelings, etc... He is the great and mighty King, Ruler of all!!! So we are going to challenge the students to have the right picture of who God really is!!! The most important image you have in life is your image of God! So we want to paint a true picture of God!

We also have tons of events we are going to be doing this year from, retreats, overnights, crazy events, services, bible groups, camps, mission trips, community outreaches and more! This is going to be a great year! One thing the Lord spoke to me was that, "We have been building a youth group but this year God wants us to build an army!!!" So we are going to challenge the students to step up and live out loud for Christ!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words bring tears to my eyes Pastor John. I feel so excited when I read your plans for this year and know that you will be training my son to be an "army" and stepping up and living out loud for Christ. I am so thankful that my son has you as a pastor, helping to train him to be a godly young man.

Pastor John said...

Thank you so much Kristy. I believe God is going to do great things in our students lives this year!