Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Think I am Tired Now As I Write This Title, Good Night!

Well it's almost 4am here and I just got home from working on the zone. I am not really tired believe it or not. When I get "in the zone" it is hard to stop until I feel I got more done than I should have. Daniel and I were up there doing as much as we could and we got a lot done! We were painting, cleaning, etc...It was fun hanging out and working together! We still have a lot to do and it will probably take some more all nighters to get it done!

Tonight was our 1st official leadership meeting for our adult youth team. We talked about how important reaching students is and that the level of our ministry is dependent on the level of our leadership. We will never take students beyond where we as leaders are. If we are at a level 7 in our impact then the students will never go beyond a 6, but if we raise the bar as leaders then students will start to follow suit. Everything rises and falls on leadership, in the words of John Maxwell. I completely believe that! The most important people in your ministry is your leaders first, without them you wouldn't have a ministry in the first place. We had 14 leaders show up tonight and express interest to be involved. That is a great start to building a great team! Well, I am tired and we have a big day tomorrow with youth and all kinds of stuff! It was a good day today!

No comments: