Saturday, August 4, 2007

Rodeo Time!

We just got back from the Rodeo here in Sallisaw and it was awesome! I had only been to one other Rodeo in my life and that is when I was about 8 or so in Cody, Wyoming. I was chosen from the crowd to chase after a calf and I never got it, how sad! Anyway, tonight we all went to the local Rodeo and watched some of our students ride and watched the competition. The guy who was mc'ing it was great! He seemed like a genuine cowboy. They even prayed before the Rodeo, like a real heart felt prayer and everyone joined in. Only in the bible belt do you see that taking place at a local community event! Zion loved the horses and got to see some of her favorite girls in the youth group riding them, Alex Pierce and Katie Haraway. Well tonight was great and we loved embracing the culture here in Sallisaw!

Today we just hung out and cleaned then went to Holly & Steven's wedding. Then we went to Fort Smith and got some materials at Lowe's and some other things we had to pick up. Tomorrow is the 2nd week of Heartland and I can't wait to see what God does at church with us! Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I can get some time and finish the stage so I can focus on some other projects in the zone. These next few weeks are crucial in getting ready for the school year and getting the zone up and running!!!

No comments: