Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Well it has snowed about 3-4 inches so far here and it isn't letting up. What a beautiful day it is, white as could be. We are so excited about moving to Sallisaw and starting a new season of our life. God has so much in store for Journey church and we can't wait to be a part of it. I have been messing around with the website for the student ministry trying to get some ideas and layout arrangements, I love tech stuff! My mind is on overload with vision, ideas, creativity, and passion! But it's a good overload, more like an overflow of God's Spirit I guess. I am so ready to get to know these students God is about to entrust to us. Erin and I feel like proud parents getting ready to meet our new kids, or something like that. We can't wait to raise up leaders, disciple the students and reach the hurt, broken, and searching teenagers in Sallisaw. I can't think of a better church than Journey to do all this at under the leadership of an amazing pastor Jeff Allred. What a blessing he is to us already and we aren't even there yet. It is so cool to know that God heard all of our prayers over the past year and went above and beyond answering them. I couldn't think of a better fit for our family than Journey church. Well I think it's almost dinner time for the Barrett family on a beautiful, snowy, dark, want-to-stay-inside-and-snuggle-up day, God is awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it feel good to be a champion?....
Yeah, it feel good.

Pastor Tony

Pastor John said...

We were created to be Champions for Christ!