Wednesday, April 11, 2007

1 Timothy 3:2-5

Tonight is going to be great! I have an awesome message for the students about standing out from the crowd! I love Wednesdays and the excitement I get to hang with the students and seek God together, it's awesome! I started posting the message outlines with the audio messages online so that our students can go back and let God's word sink in their heart as they listen and read the outlines. Things are so great here at Journey, we LOVE it! I love the staff and serving Pastor Jeff! I feel as though we are a family here as staff and we have so much fun together as we work and build the Kingdom together. I have so many things in my brain and heart to do that I feel like I could seriously never stop working. I mean it feels weird to stop for the day and go home because I feel like there is so much to do that there is no good time to stop. I thank God that He instilled in me a right balance between work and family, otherwise I would always be torn. I love putting my hand to the plow with ministry but I also love my family very dearly and never want them to suffer in the name of ministry. The best way I can look at it is if you are at work be there 100% if you are at home be there 100%. Most people when they work wish they were home and when they are home they wish they were working. I want to be someone that has a great work ethic for Christ when I am putting my hand to the plow, yet also has a Christ-like example of loving family and spending time with them. 1 Timothy 3:2-5 says,

Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?)


I want to live my life that way! One who is an example in and outside of ministry. God is so amazing and the plans he has for us are great! Erin and I are so excited that God has called us here to a church that has such a heart for people and a desire to grow as followers of Christ! We are so blessed to be here and invest into lives and this community. God is awesome!!!

2 comments:

Jason Curlee said...

Sounds like it is going to be a good message.

Making Difference Makers

Pastor John said...

Thanks, God is doing awesome things every week!!!