Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Standing Up for Christ!

Alright I just got back from Wal-Mart to pick up some smooth stones and markers. Tonight for JSM we are talking about Standing up for Christ and who not better to talk about than David & Goliath! David stood up for Christ when no one else would, and we need to face the giants in our life as well. Tonight at the end of the message we are going to have the students take a stone and write down the giants in their life and pray over them. They will keep the stones to remind them of defeating their giants by the power of God only! It is going to be a great kick-off to our new series, "The Stand".

Tomorrow is Erin and I's 4th anniversary, and that is awesome!!! We are going to take the day and spend it together. Last year we both kind of forgot so this is a make-up year. We were so busy with ministry and life that Erin's mom had to remind us it was our anniversary. We even went out to lunch together (which doesn't happen often) and we didn't even know it was our 3rd year anniversary. Sometimes we get so caught up in doing life and ministry that we forget the most important things and that is our FAMILY! Family has to come before ministry, and I want my life to be an example of that!

Well, the girls night is this Friday and Erin is pumped! She has got everything ready to go and has been praying for the last 2 weeks like non-stop. My mother and father in law are coming in tomorrow for the weekend, so that will be great!!! Easter weekend this weekend, so we have lots to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary to you guys, you are both so cute!! :)
I had Zion when I served in Praiseplace last week, she is absolutely adorable and so funny too!!

Gene and Annie said...

Tell Erin I said Hi and that I miss her!! I pray that "Girls night out" is a wonderful time of bonding both with each other and God!! Have a great Easter weekend! Oh, I love the new office look!

Pastor John said...

Thanks for the comments! We are having such a great time being here in Sallisaw, continue to pray for us as we put our hand to the plow for the Kingdom! God bless!