Friday, March 2, 2007

God is always working!

Yesterday was Erin's birthday and family surprised her by coming here to Oklahoma. She was at home and they drove in and knocked on the door to sing happy birthday, she was so excited. They are staying here for a few days to hang out with us, how cool!

Pastor Tony and I judged the audition for the talent show coming up next week here at the local school. There were some great acts, it was a lot of fun. Next week we get to judge the real show and we can't wait. It's a great opportunity to get to know the students and get our foot in the school system. It's cool how God sets up divine appointments even when we don't know it, for example: Monday when Erin and I transfered our license we were waiting at the license branch and we meet a girl in the high school that was waiting to take her driving test. We got to invite her out to youth and talk with her a bit, she was really sweet. Well when we were judging the show this girl got up and sang (she was good too!) I asked her if she remembered me and she did, so how cool is that? God is always working we just need to always tune in. I believe that every moment is an opportunity to be used by God to encourage others. I just have to remind myself every second that this life is all about Christ and His purpose, not to drop my head and only be about my so-called-purpose. God is up to great things and we can't wait to see them.

Last Wednesday went great! Pastor Tony interviewed Erin and I as we shared our testimonies. It was a real laid back night of just getting to know the students and building their trust. We surprised Erin with a birthday cake and sang happy birthday to her, she is the BEST! Anyway, next week we are going to start a mini series called, "American Idols" that is going to deal with worship. We all worship something in this life, but who or what is the object of our worship? We will deal with what it means to truly worship our awesome God!

2 comments:

dezbrown_09 said...

Hey wow...I must have made a really good impression. I can't wait for you to see my whole act & to hear you speak this Wednesday. ~~DEZ~~

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it as well. It's so good to hear from you, see ya soon!

- Pastor John