Monday, March 12, 2007

Great Day for a Great GOD!

Today at church was great! Pastor Jeff never ceases to amaze me at his ability to communicate in such an effective way. I am so honored to be serving him as my pastor! I couldn't have tailor made a better fit for us than here in Sallisaw, we are right where God wants us! After church we had baptisms at the Thompson's house and that was really cool. They had a fantastic home-cooked meal that was amazing to say the least. Then we came home and got ready for our student leadership meeting at our house @ 5p.m. We had 24 students who showed up that were interested in being on the student leadership team. We communicated to them that this team was not just about picking up trash, setting up on Wednesdays, and doing "stuff", it was about being faithful examples of what a true Christ follower is. We said, "Leadership is not something you do, it's something you are!" We challenged the students from 1 Timothy 4:12, to be the ones that step up to the plate and become the leaders in this youth ministry here at Journey. I hope and pray that they grasp the vision and become all that God has called them to be to their generation and the world at large. We have an amazing group of students that we love so much. Every time we get a chance to hang with the students we love them more and more. God is up to great things for a great people here at Journey and we are excited! We can't wait to see what God has in store for us, it will be awesome! What a great day for a great GOD!

1 comment:

Pastor Jeff said...

Thanks... I appreciate that! I'm so pumped to have you and Erin here. It's nice for me to see real discipleship taking place. You have a passion to develop the teens lives and that means the world to me. Keep it up!